- Use file management program provided by web host.
- Use FTP (Definition)
- Type "ftp://myDomain.com" into browser
- Login with username and password
- Copy files using File Explorer
- Use FTP program or tool built into design program
- Sites have default files that are displayed when domain name is entered into browser
- Generally index.htm but can be other such as index.html, default.htm,...
- Order of precedence depends on Web Server
- Maintain folder structure to make site management easier
EXAMPLE - Upload to Personal Site on Comcast Using FTP
- Open browser and type ftp://upload.comcast.net into the address bar.
- Type in username and password to login. The File Explorer window will open.
- Copy files from your computer to the File Explorer window.
- Browse to your page: http://home.comcast.net/~username/yourfile.htm
Create an index page and upload it to a site.